Saturday, June 6, 2020

A confession: I enjoyed this clever 'Lady on a bicycle' impromptu-sculpture in front of an antique shop that I decided it was 'blog-worthy.' So now I have to make up something to say.






This is "Lady on a Bicycle" named by me. She is made of ceramic pots as you may notice.

Usually when I blog--and I have nearly 700 pithy, serious and humorous world-changing posts btw, worth reading, rereading and memorizing for wonderful cocktail party conversation--I have an idea of what to say and I use supporting art/photos to illustrate. For this one, I have to make-up something that goes with the picture. Hopefully you will find it memorable and Pulitzer Prize-worthy. Here goes:

    Harry Potter

Obviously this pot sculpture was inspired by the Harry Potter books that have lured readers young and will forever live in our hearts. The sculpture is a testimonial thank you to J.K.Rawling.

Peter Rabbit


Wait a minute! Obviously this sculpture was inspired by Beatrix Potter who gave us such childhood pleasures as "The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle" "The Roly Poly Pudding" and most famously, "The Tale of Peter Rabbit." Of course.
Mrs. Potts and Chip





Or, there is Mrs. Potts in Disney's "Beauty and The Beast." Obviously this was the inspiration without
a doubt. And who could not love little Chip?





Mr. Potts, the rich banker
But of course, it obviously is the money-grabbing banker, Mr. Potter, in "It's a Wonderful Life." Certainly it was a reminder of how the very rich are prospering while those struggling are having difficulty affording food, rent and/or medical care.


So I asked the sculptor,* which 'pots' was your inspiration. And she answered, "It's not for any 'pot,' 'pots,' or 'potter' at all. You are missing the point. Those aren't just pots, they are FLOWER POTS for new growth, as her hair, and life as we know it to be... rich and fragrant and wonderful. Flower pots. Those flowers are where the inspiration lies. I was inspired by how good it made me feel when I saw Walt Disney's Bambi and it was the newborn Bambi that named the skunk Flower, the perfect name.

Disney's Bambi and Flower
I hope you have many flowers in your life, despite the occasional weeds which we can pull and throw away.

*Confession #2: Well, let's just say, IF the antique shop was open, I would have asked her but it was closed because of the CoronaVirus so I had to imagine what she might have said. OK, I won't get  a Pulitzer, for this but you must admit, I did find a good excuse to use that neat sculpture. The Pulitzer prize winning post is the next one.

And seriously, if you view my blog as a web page instead of just an email, you will see quite a large list of topics covered over the 700 or so blogs. Click on any that pique your interest. And thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment