Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Louie Armstrong touched us in many ways but none better than with this reminder





Went to a Memorial Service for a wonder -ful lady recently. It was sad but special in other ways as we remembered all the riches she had shared. This was a good one for a lady beloved for her lifelong caring of people and the world around her.

She was a talented artist with a sense of humor who was cherished by her husband of many years and all who were lucky to know her.

Her favorite word was 'Wonderful!" She used it often because she felt it strongly. And this song, sung beautifully at her memorial, served to remind us that we so often miss the forest because the trees get in the way. Are we cock-eyed or is our world?

The beauty of life and love and nature and blessings abounding is often muddied by so few that we tend to forget what it's all about.

It's a Wonderful World
I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you
I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world
 
 Written by George Weiss and Robert Thiele

 Here it is, sung by Louie Armstrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment