Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Truely, A Marriage made in heaven


Perhaps only once in a lifetime are we given a 'sign from above' as clear as this. Our role as fellow humans is not to wonder why, we just have to recognize what fate has made abundantly clear to the world and be in awe.

Here are the facts:

A 50-year-old Israeli man has just been granted his 11th divorce (setting an Israeli record, by-the-way) and is once again bride-hunting. Usually, he marries for a few years, divorces, and then, as he tells it, angles for another lucky woman. "I send out the hook in all directions, and the fish come on their own." Poor guy just hasn't yet landed 'Mrs. Wonderful.' But then who of us catches that trophy on our first (or eleventh) cast?

Fear not, poor Israeli man! All is not lost! The 'chum,' as they say, is in the water.

Remember Wok Kundor, the 107-year-old Malaysian woman I told you about in September? She has just divorced her 37-year-old, 22nd husband... they just couldn't make it work (don't ask). And she is anxiously looking for "Mr. Right, #23!"

"My intention to remarry is to fill my forlornness," she said. "I realize that I am an aged woman. I don't have the body nor am I a young woman who can attract anyone," she acknowledged... but, according to 22 husbands to date, she has a wonderful personality.

So here we have two soul-mates who, collectively, have more marital savvy than any other two people on earth... ever! I hereby direct eHarmony, in the name of all things fated, to work its magic and connect these lovebirds... and I am certain wedding bells will soon be ringing. (Thank God internet dating doesn't have the stigma of years past. It's one less barrier for these two turtle-doves.) As for the pitter-patter of little feet, that is not my department... but one can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment