- "Beauty Queen Unveils Bust at Dedication Ceremony"
- "Dismemberment Killer Convicted: Thank God Jury Could Put Pieces Together"
- "Reagan To Have Tissue Removed From Nose"
- "Robber Holds Up Albert's Hosiery"
- Study: Those Without Insurance Die More Often"
- "Tick-Borne Illness Known to Affect Dogs Found In Humans"
- "Legislator Wants Tougher Death Penalty"
- "Voter Fears Alert Politicians"
- "Defendant's Speech Ends In Long Sentence"
- "Two Soviet Ships Collide, One Dies"
- "Lung Cancer in Women Mushrooms"
- "Washington County Sheriff's Deputy Shoots, Kills Man With knife"
- "NV Senator Leaves Message to Rape Victim's Sister"
Thursday, July 8, 2010
More crash blossoms
What is a crash blossom? A mis-written or misunderstood headline that, when read one way, gives an entirely wrong--but often, funny-- impression of what the story is all about. The term comes from a headline following an aircraft crash. It read, "Violinist Linked to JAL Crash Blossoms.” See what I mean? Today's crash blossoms: